Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Sensei Sushi, BF Homes

I remember it was the start of 2014 when we said that we would start a blog on our rocking adventures and new discoveries.  During that time, our target was to write at least once every 2 weeks, a total of 24 blogs.  Today, the last day of 2014, Wandertwins has a total of 7 blogs—1 blog for every 1.7 months.  Haha!  This actually doesn’t mean that we stopped exploring new places or activities and food to try, but what I realized is that you really, really need to find time to blog, and I guess my work and personal schedules are not really cooperating.  Haha!  Even so, I will still write when I can and will still share with you our awesome finds in the Philippines and in the world.

It was one October evening (that’s how piled up my stories are) when we craved for Japanese food.  I heard good reviews about Sensei Sushi so we thought of giving it a try.  Together with Jeremy and my mom, we drove the street of Aguirre and looked for this restaurant to have a nice Jap dinner.  This was actually my 2nd attempt to eat here.  We couldn’t find the restaurant the first time (I was with my friends Mich & Hen) as it was quite small and hard to find amidst the row of establishments in the area.  This time, eureka!  We found it!

Sensei Sushi is beside Nuat Thai, near A Veneto Napoli Pizzeria

Photo taken from the blog of Cheryl Tiu


Sensei Sushi is owned by Chef Bruce Ricketts.  It’s a small and quaint 20-seater restaurant, which serves Japanese fusion.  They have a set menu, but what’s nice is that they also have additional dishes to serve posted in their menu blackboard, which they change every 2 to 3 days depending on what is freshly available in the local market and what food they can create with these.

Sensei Sushi Menu Board


The night we went there, the tables were all reserved despite us coming in early at 6:30 pm so the only available seats were at the bar.  Apparently, these are the best seats at Sensei as you get to see how the great food is created and plated by their very own chef!

Now, time for dinner!

Crispy Philly

With Salmon, cream cheese, asparagus, aioli and unagi sauce
P185


Cali Roll with Prawn Popcorn

with kani, cream cheese, kyuri, green goddess and aligue aioli
P235


Tuna and Crispy Scallop Dynamite

with kyuri, cream cheese and dynamite sauce
P285


Soft Shell Crab Tempura

with kimchi garlic and aioli sauce
P400


Beef Teppanyaki

with market vegetables and teppanyaki sauce
P480
 


We loved everything that we ordered!  Our tummies were filled with lots of good food that we didn’t have any room for dessert anymore.  On our next Sensei trip, I’ll make sure that I’ll save room for their Grilled Banana—a frozen tofu cheesecake with miso butterscotch, chocolate ganache and togarashi.  Sounds yummy, and the chef said it was a contender for good-tasting desserts in BF Homes.  Haha!

I really loved the food here!  Even the service was great!  They had nice staff who would actually explain your dish (even the chef!).  Given that we were seated in the bar area, we got to see dishes/orders of their other customers, which gave us ideas on what to order the next time we’re here.  (Just you wait ‘til I get you in my tummy, Torched Salmon Belly!  Haha!).  I will definitely, definitely go back!

Thank you, Sensei Sushi, for the wonderful dinner!

- Jessamine

Average price per person: P400-P500

Operating Hours:
Monday to Sunday – 10:30 am to 11 pm

268 Aguirre Avenue BF Homes, Paranaque City
(02) 358-1387

No comments:

Post a Comment